Caring for your tile floors
- 1. Sweeping or better still, vacuum cleaning your floors at least once a week reduces the accumulation of dirt, sand and any other abrasive materials.
- 2. You should wet mop your tile floors regularly with a good cleanser and then wash them with plain water.
- 3. Never uses bleaches or ammonia to clean tiles. These harmful substances can harm the floor.
- 4. Steel wool or similar materials can end up scratching and damaging your floor.
- 5. Waxing a tile floor is never a good idea.
- 6. Spills should be treated immediately to prevent staining the grout. Absorb spills with a clean white cloth and use a recommended cleanser as quickly as possible.
- 7. Use mats to wipe your feet not only at entrances and exits, but also near the kitchen sink.
- 8. Use protective mats under the feet of iron or metal furniture. This will prevent wear and tear. Metal furniture also has a tendency of rusting, which may stain the floor.
Caring For Your Tile Shows, Walls, And Countertops
Always wipe tiled shower areas with a cloth or squeegy. This will prevent the development of mold or mildew.
Wiping the countertops with a soft, dry cloth will prevent streaking and polish their shine.
Sealant should be applied every 6 to 12 months depending upon the surface to prevent the buildup of dirt and dust and prevent staining.
Get Your Free Estimate Appointment Now!
or Simply Call Us at (212) 759-1005